In year 1 place value underpins all the skills and knowledge taught in Maths, and although we are reinforcing it all the time (lots of counting and writing numbers!) we also teach it as a block. Here are the objectives the children have been working on, as well as photos and links to websites to support children in their learning.
- count to and across 100, forwards and backwards, beginning with 0 or , or from any given number.
- count, read and write numbers to 100 in numerals.
- count in 2s, 5s and 10s.
- When given a number, can identify one less and one more.
- identify and represent numbers using objects and pictures, including a numberline.
- read and write numbers from 0-20 in numerals and words.