125g butter/ margarine
125g light brown sugar
2 or 3 tbsp golden syrup (we used 3 to make it extra gooey)
Pre-heat the oven 180 degrees C.
- Put the oats, butter, sugar, golden syrup into a bowl and mix. You can use a food processor, but don't over mix otherwise the oats will lose their texture.
- Lightly grease a tin with butter.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin.
- Push the mixture into all the corners. Flatten the mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and leave to cool a little. Then cut into pieces, whilst still warm (be careful with the tin, wait until it has cooled enough)
Enjoy with a nice cup of tea or soft drink.